Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Gold Corners

Hello Polishists!!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday! I've been super busy lately, and I apologize for leaving you hanging :(

Today, I bring you a beautiful and simple mani from two drugstore brands. One is an old favorite, and one is a new love!



My "something old" is from NYC- New York Color. I love NYC for many reasons: the bargain price, the myriad of fantastic and fashionable color, the relatively long-wear, and the quirky names! As a New Yorker, I recognize that the names sometimes don't make sense, but they're fun nonetheless. Tudor City Teal is a great dupe of Essie's Turquoise and Caicos. It's Tiffany Blue-esque, and pretty versatile. It goes on pretty smoothly and opaque in two coats. I started out with this as a base and had soooooo many ideas about how to dress it up. In the end, I thought gold would be the perfect complement to the teal. I was right!



I'm still loving tape manis, so I decided to do this subtle, gold corners design. I used my "something new"- 3D from Milani- for the design. I was late on the holographic bandwagon but now I'm hooked! I love how it looks.





Unfortunately, I haven't mastered the technique of how to get the tape absolutely flat, so a little bit of the polish sneaks under the tape, undermining a clean design. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep the tape flat?



One more thing- I want to do a tutorial within the next couple of weeks. What would you like to see? Clouds? Gradients? Glitter gradients? Tape manis? Comment and let me know!

2 comments: