Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

'Nolia Nails

Hello, Polishists!

Apparently, it is spring in NYC. While the weather has yet to catch up, all of the plants are in full bloom and everything is gorgeous! I took a trip to Brooklyn's Prospect Park last week to enjoy the beauty of being in nature. Despite the cool temperatures, it was quite a busy scene- people sick of being cooped up all winter enjoying the freeness of the great outdoors.

One of the most beautiful plants I have been seeing all over the city is the Rustic Rubra Magnolia.


Gorgeous, right?

I was inspired by this Magnolia plant for this week's manicure.


A simple and delicate gradient, featuring pink, my favorite color!

For my base, I used L'oreal's Satin Sheets, a sheer ivory color with glass flecks. I applied three coats to achieve opacity.



I sponged on Wet n' Wild's Candy-licious to create the gradient effect. Candy-licious is a dusty rose color from Wet n' Wild's Megalast collection. I've sung Megalast's praises in the past, and it has proven to be an excellent low cost polish option.


To capture the magic that spring brings, I topped my artwork off with Orly's Love Each Other, a shimmery, mystical top coat. Unfortunately, this topcoat didn't really add anything to the mix :(


I quite like this combo. I think it would be something cool to wear on one's wedding day... I guess if you're dreaming of an ombré pink wedding dress a la Gwen Stefani (like me!).


Here's a macro of the gradient.

What do you say, Polishists? Ombré nails for weddings: yay or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment