Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Nude Leopard

Hello, Polishists!

How are you all doing? I hope that you have been able to enjoy the wonderful spring weather where you are and you're showing off the hottest spring colors with your new pedicure! Here in NYC, spring just keeps passin' us by! Today I wore boots AND a coat! Hopefully soon things will warm up soon... they better, because I have a pedicure appointment on Thursday :)

On to the polish!

This week I met a woman wearing a beautiful scarf. I don't remember too much about what was said in the meeting, but I do remember that scarf! I knew the pattern would make a beautiful manicure. Guess what? I was right ;)


I love the combinations of beiges, browns, and nudes that was pretty popular last year and the year before. The scarf looked exactly like this: dusty rose with khaki and brown leopard print.  I legit almost asked her for the scarf. Real talk.

To recreate this look, I used Eternal Optimist by Essie as the base color. A friend gave this color to me for my birthday two years ago and it's been one of my favorites ever since. Even though it's kind of old lady-ish, I find that it's really versatile and pretty close to a nude for my skin color. Opaque and two coats.


I used Essie's Case Study and China Glaze's Mahogany Magic to create the leopard markings. I somehow misplaced my dotting tool, so I subbed the head of a bobby pin instead!



Overall, I enjoy this manicure! It's subtle but still kind of out there.



What about you, Polishists? What has inspired your mani lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment