Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Rea, Rea, Rea...

Hello, polishists!

So, I guess we're about 6 days from Christmas...

::It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN!::

Are you ready???

Today I want to share Part 2 of my Black Friday haul (FINALLY arrived...) and another polish from my Zoya haul (Black Friday haul Part 1).

On to the polish!


E.l.f. had a fantabulous Black Friday sale and I couldn't help myself! I got this 14-piece set...


...flat eyeliner brush, cuticle pen and matte top coat!


I planned on using the brush for cleaning up my cuticles after I polish, but I'm not sure the bristles are stiff enough :( I currently use a concealer brush, dipped in pure acetone, to do my clean-up.

I'm really excited about using the matte top coat. I have another brand that tends to be a bit fickle. Hopefully this one will not disappoint!



Now for this week's nails-


I used Zoya's Rea and e.l.f.'s Misty Haze (for the accent nails).



Rea is a beautiful pinkish- purple opaque shimmer. It went on opaque in just one coat! The formula was smooth and easy to work with.

Misty Haze, on the other hand (no pun intended) was goopy and thick. It was not as easy to work with, but also went on relatively opaque in one shade. Misty Haze is a light, creamy gray with bluish undertones. I love the color, and feel like there are endless combinations that can be made using this polish.


I still like the color, and I love the combination. Rea has a silver shimmer to it, so it goes with the gray hue of the Misty Haze. I would definitely wear them both again.

I actually bought the 14-piece set for another polishist friend of mine (hope she's not reading this! ;) ). The colors are beautiful and trendy, AND the polishes are FREE of Toluene, Formaldehyde, and Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP). That means you won't have to apply your gas mask to put on your polish!

So, polishists, are the ingredients in nail polish important to you? Do you notice a difference between using polishes with certain ingredients?

No comments:

Post a Comment