Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Now you see green... Now you don't!

Wow. Just, wow.

I'm sharing the first swatch from my Zoya Black Friday haul... and it is GORGEOUS!


It's called Adina, and it may be the new love of my life!


Adina is a lavender/ green duochrome from Zoya. Zoya first caught my eye because of their awesome commitment to not polluting our bodies with toxic chemicals! From their website:

"Zoya Nail Polish has been awarded as the longest wearing natural nail polish by an independent panel in Women’s Health Magazine. Zoya Nail Polish is a nail polish free of toluene, formaldehyde, DBP (phthalates) and camphor. Nail Polish by Zoya offers over 300 gorgeous nail polish colors to choose from, plus 4 seasonalcollections of nail polish every year. Zoya Nail Polish was specifically formulated to deliver the longest wear possible on natural nails. Zoya Nail Polish can be found in better beauty salons, spas and online at www.zoya.com."


What's more, they have about a billion gorgeous shades that I can't WAIT to try. Each polish retails for $8 on the site, but they have been advertising quite a few promotions on their blog, Facebook page, and Instagram account. I definitely recommend that you subscribe to all three so that you don't miss out on the deals!

Back to the polish at hand...


I just love this polish. The formula was smooth and easy to work with. Adina was opaque on my nails in just two coats. It was even easy to clean up afterwards!

I think this picture best shows the two colors, although the lavender is not as dark in real life. This photo was taken under artificial light with camera flash.


This photo was taken without flash in artificial light. It really shows off the green shimmer in the polish.




I did have one small issue with this polish, and I think it's an issue that many other polish bloggers have written about. I call it The Seche Vite Creep.



You can kind of see here, on my thumb, how the top coat (Seche Vite) has shrunk and no longer covers the whole painted surface of the nail! This, of course, causes me much anguish and many sleepless nights.

I love to use Seche Vite as a top coat because it dries so fast and shiny. However, it is pretty stinky, gets thick as it gets older, and has the creeping issue.

What say ye, polishists? Have you ever experienced The Seche Vite Creep? How did you combat it?

No comments:

Post a Comment