Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Black and Gold Nails... and Black Friday Haul (Pt. 1)

Hello, Friends!

I'm back to share my newest mani AND Part 1 of my Black Friday (polish) haul! I am expecting Part 2 any day now.

Anyway, on to the NAILS!


I have to say, I'm not the biggest fan of this nail adventure.

It was my intention to do nail art inspired by Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. They were founded on December 4, 1906, and I wanted to do a little something to commemorate their 106th anniversary! I am a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc, and our organizations are considered brother and sister orgs. Happy Founders Day, Alpha Phi Alpha!

On to the polish adventures...

This look features three polishes: Cult Nails' In a Trance as the base color, and Sinful Colors' Black on Black and Ulta Professional Lacquer's 14 Carat as the cloud pattern.



In a Trance is a rich, olive-gold creme polish with a little shimmer. At first, I had a little bit of trouble with the application- I found this formula to be thick and a little hard to work with. However, when I applied the second coat, I noticed that it went on pretty smoothly.

Black on Black is an inky, creamy black polish. It was pretty runny and a bit messy. The color, however, is awesome. Many black polishes that I've used in the past have a brown or blue tinge to them, but this goes on jet black.

14 Carat is one of my go-to stamping polishes. It is a brilliant, shimmery soft gold. I find this formula pretty easy to work with, and it stamps really well.


OK- so I generally liked/ loved all three polishes.

So, where did things go wrong?


I'm not sure. I just don't think the colors go together. I'm not quite sure. Meh.



Part 2... on to the HAUL!!

I was relatively tame on Black Friday. I focused mainly on getting gifts for family and friends.

HOWEVER....

I was sure to treat myself ;)

Zoya had a pretty great promotion going on during Black Friday- $20 Dream Boxes with free shipping! I have never ordered anything from Zoya, so I decided I would strike while the sales were hot! The cool thing about Zoya is that they give you a ton of stuff if you order enough merchandise. Here's what I received with my order.

First, the Dream Box...


What's inside?


Yay, polishes!! I ordered Adina, Blaze, and Rea... and they look gorgeous!


I can't wait to try these out!

I also bought Dree, but didn't photograph it :(

I also received quite a few goodies. First, some nail spoon things so that you can test the new colors on your nails and then spend your whole paycheck on new polishes!!




I added so many of these to my Wish List ;)

In addition to these swatches, I received a sample of their remover, Zoya Remove Plus. Lots of bloggers rave about this remover, so I'll have to try it and let you know how I feel about it. They also sent a tube of their lipgloss, Hot Lips, in Disguise. Finally, I got a tube of Mandarin body wash. Pretty cool, right?

Squee!!

I haven't tried anything yet, but I simply cannot WAIT to. I'm pleased as punch with Zoya so far... and I haven't even applied any of their products!

Have any of you tried Zoya products? What has your experience been like?

No comments:

Post a Comment