Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Zoya on Zoya on Zoya!

Hello Polishists!

Long time, no see!

I've been super busy lately, hence my lack of posting. But! I'm all the way back!!

I teased you with this little gem...


And now, the big reveal! Here's what was in the box:



From L to R: Happi, Reva, Tosca, Rica, Meadow, Vespa, Skylar, Megan, Julie, Mimi, Mikka, Godiva.


Surprise! There were two boxes :)

Zoya recently had their annual Color Your World sale, where they give away 3 bottles of polish, absolutely free! You only had to pay $10 shipping. I decided that I didn't feel like paying the $10 shipping, so I picked out 3 more polishes so that I would be eligible for free shipping with $25 purchase!

I did that twice, 'cuz I'm sneaky like that.

Phew! I won't need to buy any polish for a looooooong time!

I wanted to make the most of the promotion, so I picked up two bottles from one of their newest collections, Pixie Dust. Polishes from that line have a textured matte finish. I got Vespa and Godiva.



I didn't even know where to start when I went to do this week's manicure, so I decided to keep it relatively simple.



Godiva, featuring Essie Case Study.



Godiva is a soft gold with silver and gold sparkles. It dries matte with a slightly bumpy texture- I would compare it to the surface of a glass file. I used two coats which dried quite quickly (less than 10 minutes). You're not supposed to use a top or base coat with this polish. I'm not good at following directions so I used a base coat, but no topcoat. I like Godiva, it's sparkly without being over the top, and the texture is quite interesting.



Case Study is one of my favorites. It reminds me of when I first started drinking coffee (as a little girl) and I would add approximately one gallon of non-dairy creamer to two teaspoons of coffee. It's a khaki creamish color that goes on opaque in about two coats. It dries quickly and is just generally awesome. This is the third time I've worn it in the last two weeks.



Yeah, there were secret manicures, what of it???

What about you, Polishists? Is there a color you can't stop wearing? Spill the beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment