Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Happi Nails :-D

Hello, Polishists!

I'm bringing you another installment from my latest Zoya haul. My coworker (a fellow polish enthusiast) brought up the fact that neither of us has worn coral polish in a while. Coral is one of those rare colors that works well for the palest of the pale to the darkest of the dark! So, this week, I turned to my haul for some coral inspiration.

Coral always reminds me of summer, the Caribbean, and the beach... all things that I love to think about this time of year! The weather is pretty miserable in New York today... cold, windy, and rainy :( Good thing I have my nails to make me... Happi!


Happi is a stunning pinkish coral with gold flecks. It is absolutely stunning! It goes on smoothly, and is opaque in 2 coats. I was concerned at first, because the first coat was kind of streaky. But, the second coat masked the streakiness of the first coat, though.


For the accent nail, I used Revlon's Brilliant Strength in Hypnotize. It goes on opaque in one coat.


Just because I wanted to be fancy and do what all the cool kids do, I attempted a striping tape design. I kept the design simple: three vertical lines of varying lengths.


While the design came out pretty clear, I think the colors are too similar to create the desired contrast effect. I love Happy, I love Hypnotize, and I love striping tape manis... but I do not love them all together.



What about you, Polishists? Have you tried a striping tape mani? How did it turn out? Which colors did you use? I'm interested in trying this technique again!

No comments:

Post a Comment