Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My first glitter gradient

Hello, Polishists!

For this week's manicure, I wanted to try something that I have previously failed at: a glitter gradient. In the past, I tried a method involving painting the nail multiple times. Didn't work. But recently, I stumbled upon this tutorial, and what resulted was magical.

I love glitter gradients with natural-looking polish. In my mind, I envision myself in a rowboat (think the "Kiss the Girl" scene in The Little Mermaid), dipping my fingertips into the water, and gently dragging them as we merrily row along. Did I mention that the water is made of glitter?

Anyway, onto the polish.



For the beige/ nude polish, I used Essie's Allure. It is probably the closest shade to my natural nail bed. It's pretty sheer, even though I used three coats.



The glitter polish is from Ulta's house brand, in Indigo-go Girl. It's a brilliant glitter polish with differently sized glitter pieces.



Overall, I'm pleased as punch with this mani. It's a really easy way to add a little pizzazz to a basic mani.

Do you have any quick mani tricks when your polish job is just meh?

No comments:

Post a Comment