Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Silver Linings

Hello, Polishists!!

How has 2013 been treating you? I hope well! Here in New York, the temperature has risen a bit so we have been able to take a bit of a break from the regular winter chill! It has been quite lovely :)
Continuing on the theme of optimism and fresh starts for the new year, today's manicure reminds me of blue skies and clouds with silver linings!





To achieve this look, I used e.l.f.'s Dazzle Diva for the main color. I received it in the cube I purchased just after Thanksgiving last year. Dazzle Diva is a steel blue frost with a purple and green shimmer. It's so pretty, y'all!






The application was not too difficult, although the polish took forever to dry. I even missed up my whole right hand and a couple of fingers on the left trying to shower 45 minutes after application + Seche Vite!! Sheesh!







For the silver lining, I used Ulta Salon Formula's Scene Steel-er, which is a silver remeniscent of the dull side of a sheet of aluminum foil. I only needed one coat to achieve opacity!! Woo hoo!






I used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Ion for the clouds. It's a grayish white that went on smooth and was also opaque in one coat.





I topped my masterpiece (lol) off with a coat of Seche Vite.




I'm quite satisfied with how this turned out. Clouds are an oldie but goodie for me- simple, yet chic.


What about you, polishists? Is there a go-to nail art style that you lean on?

No comments:

Post a Comment