Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Royal Nails

Hello, Polishists!

Are you ready to be back at work? Here in the U.S., many of us had yesterday off to commemorate the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., with the bonus of celebrating the second inauguration of President Barack Obama! It was quite a day!

I took the day to reflect on the First Family- our version of royalty in America. Although the First Family is nothing like royal families around the world, who are born into and pass down their pomp and circumstance, our American First Families get to experience all of the flash and flair for, at most, eight years. Then, it's back to the world of the normies. That's what I call normal people :)

Anyway, royal nails. Let's discuss.




I really wanted to do purple nails, because I haven't used purple in a while. And purple is so pretty. It's a good color. Solid.

I wanted to do something regal on my nails. I knew I wanted purple, which is a pretty royal color. I also wanted to stamp, so I chose a gold that I knew would pop against the royal purple.



I can't stop staring at my nails!! I love this mani!

I used e.l.f.'s Violet Velvet as the background color. Violet Velvet is a rich, eggplant purple with a slight shimmer. It looks black in the picture, but it's actually a gorgeous purple.





I stamped with Revlon Brilliant Strength in Hypnotize. Hypnotize is a buttery, shimmery gold that is pretty great for stamping. I used my Cheeky stamping plate for the design. I used two different patterns, just to mix things up.






I created this look while watching the Inauguration ceremony on TV. It was pretty enjoyable- Beyonce killed it, didn't she? This is one of my favorite blog posts about her performance.

Did you watch the Inauguration? What was your favorite part?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, @Jere Reid! Sorry for the late reply... just figured out my browser was making it difficult to post comments :)

      Delete