Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Polishists!!

Sorry for the late posting- my weekend to-do list is about a mile long! I haven't mentioned it on the blog, but I am actually a doctoral candidate who is working part time and trying to finish my dissertation! Whew! A lot is going on. I appreciate your patience and loyalty :) Hopefully this dissertation roller coaster will be over soon!

Anyway, on to my festive nails!



I was trying to keep it simple, but... that didn't exactly work out.

Here is the cast of characters.


I used Essie's Mojito Madness as my main color. It's a vibrant kelly green that goes opaque in two coats. The formula is a little thin, but I like the results.

On my index finger, I toped Mojito Madness with Orly's Sashay My Way. It's a festive glitter with hexagonal and rectangular pieces. It's not my favorite, but it is really unique.


I tried a striping manicure again and am crazy about the results! The underwear is a butterscotch gold from Color Club. There wasn't a name on it, and I bought it at a local discount store (Lot Less, for you New Yorkers). It's a pretty color, but it dries a little streaky. I like it as a base color for a tape mani, and perhaps a good color for stamping...? We shall see.



I used the Color Club polish as the base color for my ring finger and accented it with green striping tape . I sealed the design with two coats of Seche Vite.


Finally, I did a glitter gradient on the pinky finger. I used e.l.f.'s Gold Star over Mojito Madness for this look. I am LOVING the glitter gradients. This will not be my last one :)



I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out. Not exactly work- appropriate, but cute nonetheless!

How did you spend your St. Patty's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment